Monday, August 13, 2007

Thoughts of Burning Man Reaching Obnoxious Levels

Countdown to Burning Man: 14 Days

Thank goodness I have this blog and the World Wide Web to spew my Burning Man thoughts at because I am realizing that the rest of the world is not entirely interested in hearing my "A funny thing happened on my way to Burning Man" stories every time they see me.

I say this because I have noticed people's eyes starting to gloss over after I bring up our family's upcoming adventure and all of the neat! amazing! outstanding! things we are doing to prepare ourselves for it. But how can they not think this is the most interesting thing they've ever heard?! I wonder to myself. I spray painted a cowboy hat pink today and in two weeks I'm planning on wearing it while renewing my wedding vows! C'mon, what could be more interesting than that?!

Don't answer that.

I have actual work to do that's not Burning Man-related in the next couple of weeks so I can't completely tune in, turn on, and drop out, but I am remembering this desire to do so vividly from the last time I prepared to go to the Playa.

If--like me--you are interested in spending hours on the Internet exploring writing about and pictures from Burning Man, then definitely check out the Burning Man Pages of Brad Templeton. He's got some thoughtful essays and amazing panoramas that will cause you to lose many hours of productive time. It's wonderful.