Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Nothing says Burning Man Fashion Like a Blue Fur Hat


Thomas in his KidsVille Tshirt
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
Countdown to Burning Man: 19 Days

I journeyed into San Francisco today on the search for a few fun items to add to the clothes I'm taking to Burning Man. I started with a visit to Clothes Contact and found so much great stuff that I decided I'm done shopping for costumes. (I hope I can hold myself to that statement in the next few weeks!) I tried everything on after dinner and put together a bunch of outfits. Even if I change three times a day, I won't run out of clothes on the Playa.

So what did I get at Clothes Contact? This is a place that sells vintage and other used clothing by the pound. Right now they know lots of people are shopping for Burning Man so they make it a point to have racks and racks of Playa-ready clothes. I picked up a bunch of things: lime green polyester vest, neon green vintage swimsuit, neon green scarf, hot pink bandanna, purple bandanna, vintage blue negligee, green silk tank top, white crocheted shawl, green cotton tank top, and--the item that made Mike start laughing--a blue fur hat.

Total bill: $42. Pictures when we return!

In other shopping news, we got the T-shirts I ordered from Cafe Press with the KidsVille logo. They're so cool! And Mike's order of glow necklaces and bracelets arrived so we're set for nighttime accessorizing, too.