Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bullet Point Update


Her shirt, my hat
Originally uploaded by marytsao.
Countdown to Burning Man: 12 Days

  • Mike revealed his solar agenda and explained more about the shade structure he's designing. Our gift to the KidsVille community will be a toddler-friendly, green movie theater. Party with the Tsaobugs!

  • I got freaked out at the thought of bed bugs in used throw pillows. I bought a whole bunch of cheap new ones from IKEA for lounging under our shade structure. When we return I can wash them and use them in the kids' playroom.

  • Mike watched the video that explains how our RV works. We decided that we won't run the RV's generator because that's just annoying. We don't need air conditioning in the desert. We are stoked that the appliances in the RV run on liquid propane and that a tank (approximately week's worth) is provided to us when we pick up the RV.

  • I went over our packing list and determined that I'm done shopping for non-food items.

  • Mike suggested we wait and buy food in Reno. He thinks it will be fun if the four of us are running around an unfamiliar grocery store throwing things in carts. I'm still mulling over this idea.

  • I spray painted my cowboy hat pink.

  • Lots of stuff for Burning Man purchased online has arrived, including my wedding veil, Mike's wedding outfit, my wedding shoes, Thomas's wedding shirt.

  • Mike got in touch with his friend who officiated at our original wedding and she's free to officiate our re-wedding on Thursday evening (of Burning Man) at sunset. I'll scout out a location when we get to the Playa. I'm thinking David Best's Temple of Forgiveness might be a nice location.

  • The kids are getting excited even though they aren't exactly sure what Burning Man is. What they do know is that it involves art projects so every new drawing they do is "for Burning Man." That's cool.