Friday, August 10, 2007

Burning Man Blogs, a Great List, a New Book, and Kiwiburn

Things I've come upon in my recent travels through the Interweb:

The official Burning Man blogs. They've got one being written by the people building Black Rock City 2007, one about preparing for Burning Man, one about the greening of Burning Man, and one about Burning Man's regional groups.

From The Civilized Explorer, a list of Things You Did Not Know You Would Need at Burning Man, e.g., feminine hygiene products and saline nasal spray. A great list and some great links to other sites, too.

Hey, there's a New Zealand regional group, and the New Zealand Burning Man regional event Kiwiburn 08 will be February 1-4, 2008. That's right around the time we were planning a family trip to New Zealand. I'll have to explore whether we want to include this event on our itinerary. Wouldn't that be wild?

Via Laughing Squid, a new book about Burning Man by Portland, Oregon journalist Jessica Bruder titled, Burning Book, A Visual History of Burning Man. I bought myself a copy for my upcoming 39th birthday. Happy Birthday to me!